You should also be aware of other potential complications that might arise after your wisdom teeth removal surgery:
There are a few important things to remember to bring with you on the day of your appointment:
- Your health or dental insurance cards and a government issued ID.
- Copies of any consent forms or an Advanced Directive, if applicable.
- Your inhalers if you have emphysema or asthma.
- If you are diabetic and take insulin, bring in a bottle of insulin and syringes.
- A responsible adult, as you'll need to have someone accompany you to the office. They should prepare to stay in the office throughout the procedure and to drive you home after the surgery has been completed.
- Do not bring in valuables, jewelry, or cash.
Remember that after your procedure, you should not be operating any machinery or driving a vehicle for at least 24 hours, so take steps to arrange transportation if you need to go somewhere during this time period.
If you have questions about how to prepare for anesthesia or your upcoming surgical procedure, be sure to contact our office.